Fees & Schedule
Housecall appointments start between 9 am and 3 pm Monday and 9 am to 11 am Fridays. Office calls are located in Soquel, CA and start between 9 am and 4 pm Tuesdays and at 2 pm on Fridays. All appointments are on a first come first served basis.
San Jose Area (San Jose, Saratoga, Los Gatos, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Campbell)
Santa Cruz Area (Hwy 9, Summit area, Santa Cruz, Capitola, Soquel, Aptos, Watsonville)
Existing Client Visit Fee
$ 120Per Hour
$ 150Per Hour
New Client Visit Fee
$ 210Up to 1.75 hours
$ 270Up to 1.75 hours
$ 225Per Hour + Travel
$ 150Up to 1 hour
Scheduled appointments must be cancelled a minimum of 48 hours in advance to avoid a Cancellation fee.
- Emergencies – If you have an emergency you should call your local emergency veterinarian immediately.
- Emergency appointments may be available at other times at the Emergency rates at Dr. Mathis’ discretion
- Initial appointments usually take 1.5 to 2 hours
- Rechecks typically take 45 min to 1.5 hours
- Any additional time outside of the typical appointment time will be billed at $30 per 15 minutes.
- Herbs and traditional medicine treatments are extra. Other TCVM treatments are included in the time charge.
- Outside communication (phone calls, texts and emails) from existing clients is at the Doctors discretion and billed incrementally at $30 per 15 min. Dr. Mathis is under no obligation to communicate outside of a scheduled appointment.